An electrocardiogram, also known as an ECG or ECG, is a machine used to measure electrical currents and activity throughout your heart to detect cardiac issues. It’s non-invasive, pain-free, and takes as little as 20 minutes to complete a test. Polmed Primary Care & Walk-in Clinic is a good place to find a reliable EKG/ECH Electrocardiogram near Clearwater.
Some signs that you might need an EKG include:
- Swollen, tight legs that are imprinted with white fingerprint indentations if you press on the skin.
- Shortness of breath doing everyday activities, such as walking upstairs or walking short distances.
- Chronic fatigue with the inability to keep your eyes open for long periods of time.
- Heart palpitations, which is when you can feel your heart skipping beats.
- Inexplicable chest pains or tightness.
- Noticeably faster or slower heartbeat.
What Do You Need to Do to Prep Before an EKG?
To prep for an EKG, you should:
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that are easy to take on and off when needed.
- Avoid using lotions or skin creams the day of the EKG.
- Stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water to improve the reading and output of the EKG.
When Will You Receive Results from Your Electrocardiogram?
The results of the electrocardiogram are immediate. After the leads are removed, and you can compose yourself, the doctor will meet you back in the examination room to review the results. It’s a quick, painless process. From there, if anything is found, the doctor can either make a recommendation to a cardiologist or suggest a treatment plan.
Polmed Primary Care & Walk-in Clinic accepts walk-in patients, but you can also schedule an appointment to skip the lines. We offer a reliable EKG/ECG Electrocardiogram near Clearwater with quick, clear results and treatment for the diagnosis. You can reach our clinic at (727) 339-2054.
I’ve been going to CC, a Nurse Practitioner, Denise, and Sarah, at Dr. Kaszuba’s office for a long time now. I just want to say how I love this office. I found out about the office when I took an elderly patient here for her visit. They were so welcoming, I decided to switch to them for my doctor even though I live in Pinellas Park. I’ve always received the best care here.