There are countless reasons why you may want to see medical attention for a diagnosis. Have you ever woken up to pain where it wasn’t before? Have you ever dealt with nagging aches for weeks on end without any signs of relief? If you’re in pain and feel like something is wrong, it’s time to head to a walk-in clinic in New Port Richey like Polmed Primary Care & Walk-In Clinic, where you can get pain relief and a proper illness diagnosis.
Some signs that you might need to visit a walk-in clinic include:
- Fever of 101 or above. Fevers are signs of your body fighting an infection. If your fever lasts for more than 48 hours, or if it ascends past 101, go to the doctor asap.
- Sore, achy muscles that are inexplicable and last for more than a week.
- Stuffy nose, a sore throat, and clogged ears last more than a week and won’t go away with over-the-counter medicines.
- Chronic lower back pain.
- A headache or migraine that lasts more than 72 hours.
- Constipation or diarrhea that doesn’t resolve within 72 hours.
How Often Should You Go to the Doctor for Checkups as Preventative Care?
It would help if you had annual checkups with a doctor. Once-a-year visits help to prevent serious illness with early detection.
What Are Some Ways You Can Stay Healthy Between Doctor’s Visits?
Proper hydration and good nutrition go a long way towards ensuring good health. Make sure you drink plenty of water, eat a mix of healthy foods, like fruits and vegetables, and exercise to keep your heart, mind, and body healthy.
When you need a reliable walk-in clinic in New Port Richey, Polmed Primary Care & Walk-In Clinic is an obvious choice. We have a full staff of doctors, nurses, and specialists, all with decades of combined experience and knowledge of various illnesses and ailments. While walk-ins are always welcome, we also accept appointments. Call us at (727) 339-2054.