Covid has been wreaking havoc on the world for a couple of years now, and while transmission has slowed due to vaccination numbers and precautions, there are still hundreds of new cases daily. When you feel like you may have been exposed to Covid-19, it’s important to seek out Covid testing services in Saint Petersburg at Polmed Primary Care and Walk-in Clinic. We can provide you with an accurate test and valuable information on how to keep you and your loved ones safe from Coronavirus.
Covid-19 is probably going to be a risk for a few more years, if not forever. Like annual flu or cold, it’s something that you have to protect yourself from with safety measures, like:
- Wearing a face mask when out in crowded public spaces.
- Washing your hands after everyday things, especially after public exposure.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid large, crowded areas where there could be sick people.
Exposure, while significantly reduced, isn’t zero, so there’s still a risk factor for you, even if you’ve been vaccinated. Following CDC protocols and recommendations can help you and your loved ones stay safe while also ensuring the rest of the general public is secure and safe.
How is the Coronavirus Like the Flu or a Bad Cold?
The Coronavirus settles into your respiratory system before you begin exhibiting symptoms of illness. For many, symptoms are flu or cold-like, such as:
- Headache that gets worse over time.
- Sore throat, stuffy nose, and congestion.
- High fever.
- Aches, pains, and chills.
However, how Covid-19 differs is through symptoms like:
- Respiratory distress, like troubling breathing or low oxygen intake.
- Blue fingertips, toes, and lips.
- Trouble getting warm and staying warm.
- Loss of taste and smell.