Did you know that influenza can strike at any time? And different variations constantly mutate, becoming stronger and more apt to wreak serious havoc on your immune system. When you feel under the weather, regardless of the time of year, it would be a good idea to undergo influenza testing and treatment to get better, and faster. We at Polmed Primary Care & Walk-in Clinic, located near Town N Country, have the lab equipment necessary to properly test you for various strains of influenza, promptly. You don’t have to schedule an appointment unless you want to, but it’s always a good idea to call ahead about wait times, especially in the midst of influenza season.
Flu season in the United States peaks from November to February. That’s four months of possible sickness that you’d do well to avoid. But how can you avoid germs that you can’t see? Implement precautions, such as:
- Wear a CDC-approved mask in public to avoid transmission of viral germs.
- Wash your hands after using the bathroom or being out in public. Carry around hand sanitizer for quick, efficient sanitization if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid going anywhere with large crowds! You never know who could be sick and contagious.
- Stay away from obviously sick people.
- Get a flu shot (if you are able), and stay healthy with hydration, exercise, and a good diet to strengthen your immune system.
The Facts About Influenza in Town N Country
Up to 20 percent of the general population will contract a variation of the flu this year, and that number rises, and falls, based on many factors from one year to the next. Protect yourself with the aforementioned methods. Mutated influenza viruses rarely become epidemics or pandemics, but it’s not impossible.
You can learn more about Polmed Primary Care & Walk-in Clinic’s influenza testing and treatment near Town N Country by calling us at (727) 339-2054.
I’ve been going to CC, a Nurse Practitioner, Denise, and Sarah, at Dr. Kaszuba’s office for a long time now. I just want to say how I love this office. I found out about the office when I took an elderly patient here for her visit. They were so welcoming, I decided to switch to them for my doctor even though I live in Pinellas Park. I’ve always received the best care here.