What happens when you’re suffering from a medical emergency or feel under the weather suddenly? You could always go to the emergency room or call 911 if it’s something severe, like bleeding or a concussion. Or, for less severe ailments, you could head over to Polmed Primary Care, an emergency walk-in clinic in Tarpon Springs.
At Polmed Primary Care, we offer a comprehensive background of emergency and medical services. If it has a focus on healthcare, then we probably specialize in it. We strive to reach quick, efficient diagnoses through thorough inspection and inquiry. From there, treatments are implemented, and we want you to leave here feeling confident in your care.
Unsure of what constitutes an emergency medical situation?
Here are a few symptoms that might warrant an emergency trip to Polmed Primary Care.
- Trouble breathing or drawing deep breaths.
- Changes in mental capabilities, such as disorientation, confusion, disassociation, sudden erratic behavior, and angry outbursts.
- Chest pains or pressure/tightening in the chest or upper back between the shoulder blades.
- Stabbing headaches or visual auras that make it difficult to see.
- Sudden loss of hearing or ability to taste.
- Numbness in hands, fingers, hips, or lower back.
- Severe soreness in the throat, making it difficult to eat or swallow.
- Inability to eat or drink, or severe nausea and vomiting.
Some emergencies warrant a trip to the emergency room. In which case, you should dial 911 and call an ambulance for help in getting you there.
In other cases that are less severe medical emergencies, there’s Polmed Primary Care, the emergency walk-in clinic in Tarpon Springs. You can call us to schedule an appointment (but we also accept walk-ins) at (727) 339-2054.