The average person can get sick between 0 to 4 times per year, which can be everything from strep throat to mononucleosis or an everyday cold or flu. Luckily, most people recover from these annual illnesses without an issue. However, others need help from a local emergency walk-in clinic in Safety Harbor, like Polmed Primary Care & Walk-In Clinic. We offer tests, diagnosis, and treatment for a wide range of ailments, from glucose monitoring to treatment options for Covid-19, carotid problems, and colds/sniffles.
In many cases, people are confused about what physical symptoms warrant a visit to an emergency walk-in clinic. If you’re feeling bad or not like yourself for more than three days, then you need to visit your local physician to ensure everything is okay.
As far as noticeable physical signs of sickness:
- Chronic headaches or migraines feel intense and pounding with longevity of three days or longer.
- Fatigue and weakness, regardless of how much you sleep.
- Insomnia or the inability to sleep restfully for longer than an hour or time at a time.
- Shortness of breath or chronic, persistent dry cough.
- Fevers that last for more than 48 hours and are above 101 degrees consistently.
- Confusion, dizziness, or “out of body” experiences leave memory blackouts.
When you come into Polmed Primary Care & Walk-In Clinic, our staff of well-trained, skilled nurses and doctors use blood draws and thorough, extensive tests to determine what could be causing your physical symptoms. From there, we can make a diagnosis and treatment plan to give you peace of mind and set you on the path to healing and recovery.
For more information about your local emergency walk-in clinic in Safety Harbor, give us a call at (727) 339-2054. While we specialize in walk-in services, we also accept appointments to see our doctors and nurse practitioners!